Pages

Saturday, 18 April 2015

On my mind - Jeremiah Ketner & rolled flower tutorial.

Good morning all.
Today I have a card for you and a rolled flower photo tutorial too.
The image I have used today is On my mind by Jeremiah Ketner and she will be available soon.
First here is my card.
I love this image and I have gone with nice bright colours with some black to make her pop.
She has been coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers and a few touches with a white gel pen.
The  papers i have used are the Crafts and Me Forest Fairy digital papers.

A close up of the image.

And a sideways view.

Now on to a small photo tutorial showing you how I have made the rolled flowers on todays card.
Not everyone owns a die cutting machine and I find these so easy to make.

So here we go.

1.The products you will need are your paper of choice, these are the Crafts and Me papers and I have printed them on to 160gsm card.
A pencil
Scissors
A glass or other rounded object to draw around.

2.I have turned my glass over and I am now roughly drawing around the glass.

3.Cut your circles out.At this stage you could use fancy edge scissors to give a different edge and you could also use an embossing folder to add some texture.

4.I have now drawn on the back to show you how I cut the circle.You basically start from the outer edge and work your way inwards, leaving a small circle in the centre.

5.This is what it will look like once you have cut it.You could if you wanted to ink your edges now or add glitter etc.

6.Now all you need to do is roll.Starting from the outside edge, roll in towards the centre.Rolling with your pattern on the inside, this will not matter if you are using a double sided patterned paper.

7.Once you get to the end of your rolling, you will be left with this circle in the centre.You need to use a nice tacky strong glue or glue gun which I what I use, as I am impatient.Put on quite a good amount of your glue.At this point you can tighten or release your rolled portion to get the desired shape and then hold it down and let it set.
That is it,  you can then add little pearls, gems etc to the centre.

8.Here are my 3 finished flowers, I have added pearls to the middle of mine, just by popping a little glue to the centres and placing my pearl in the centre.

Thanks so much for looking.
Hugs Nic.
xxx


3 comments:

  1. Beautifully colored image and fab tutorial for those flowers! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant tutorial Nic I will be using this as I have wanted to have a go at these for some time.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great card! And thank you very much for the tutorial! Cheers

    ReplyDelete