Pages

Friday, 1 April 2016

April Challenge - Fairies and Magic


Helloooooo!  Welcome back to another Crafts & Me Challenge!  Thank You so much for your entries for the Spring challenge, winners will be announced next Friday.

We have some new Design Team Members joining us here today with some awesome inspiration, don't worry the other girls haven't left, they will be posting their inspiration creations here so keep checking back as you don't want to miss their gorgeous designs.  Let me introduce our new team members!

Miranda



Hi everyone, my name is Miranda and I live in the Netherlands. I have been drawing and painting since I was a little girl. In 2009 I discovered stamps and more importantly I discovered art journalling. I watched you tube videos by Dyan Reaveley and Rach0113 and I thought “I want to do that too” And I have been addicted to art journalling ever since. I like to work in large journals (21x29 cm) and therefore I print all the images on a large scale. This way I have a lot to colour too. Love using Copic Markers and colouring pencils, but I use other mediums for colouring too, like PanPastels, acrylic paints or watercolours. I hardly ever stick to one medium when I start colouring, I like to mix all kinds of mediums in my work. I give workshops and demos in art journalling at hobbyfairs and at craftshops. I like to share my techniques , it gives me a lot of energy and inspiration. I look forward working with the wonderful images by Crafts and Me. They have the most amazing images in the shop and that means a lot of colouring fun. And if you see something very colourful and bright it’s probably mine…hope to see you all at the Crafts and Me challenge blog.




Plony






Hi, I am Plony and I live in a small village in The Netherlands with my husband and our Border Collie Lizzy. We have 3 children ..with partners...and 3 grandsons.
I love to make cards....vintage is one of my favourites, but I also love to colour .
Most of the time with my Copics but sometimes I colour with my pencils...Derwent or Faber Castell.
I think you can describe my style as romantic, vintage...shabby chic....and I love to use flowers, lace,....and more embellishments.

I am looking forward to colouring the lovely images from Crafts & Me and I am thankful for this chance to be a DT-member for the Challenge Blog.


Faye


Hi, I'm Faye and I'm addicted to Copics. And Choklit. Regional Copic Instructor for The UK, regular contributor at Making Cards Magazine, Wife, Mum, Obsessive Colourist, and E-mail/ Facebook/ Instagram/ Pinterest/ Blog Stalker. How do I fit all that into a day? Simples. I run on Fairy Dust. Yep, sense of humour features in there too. When I’m not doing any, or all of the above, you’ll find me daydreaming about doing them. I've burnt the dinner on many occasions because of it!

My card making style is very clean and simple. Why clean and simple? I like to give the image space to be the image. I don't have a natural eye for colour and I can spend hours moving papers, sentiments and embellishments around. So, minimal works best for me.  I'm really looking forward to joining the talented team at Crafts and Me. Who knows, I might even manage a flower or two on my cards. Keep watching...

 So, to recap. Faye. Regional Copic Instructor UK and Magazine Contirbutor. Obsessive choklit munching daydreamer with wacky sense of humour. Belongs to Very Understanding Hubby and Child. Often spotted lurking near biscuit barrel, Copic in one hand, some form of electronic gadget in the other.



Vix



I'm Vix and I live in North Wales.  There's nothing better than the sea air, sand and hills, its so relaxing!  I have 3 children, 2 cats, 2 dogs a rabbit and lots of fish!  I love fairies and fantasy images and use promarkers, copics, Tria, flexmarkers, chameleon, polychromos and inktense to colour images and I have a huge collection of lots of other inks and potions which I play with from time to time, oh and paper, I have lots and lots of papers!  We're into boating so my colouring comes along, some days its like an Extreme colouring challenge!
I've been on the team on and off for years but now I have a new job 3 minutes from home instead of 60 miles away I can get back into the land of blogging!



***********************************

So thats us girls!  Now over to our new challenge which runs from 1st - 30th April and that is Fairies & Magic.  Please ensure you check the rules before posting which are on the side bar.  You can enter as many times as you like using Crafts & Me images but please only once with any other brand.  Entries not meeting the rules or theme will be removed sorry!

If you would like to join us as a Guest DT please add DT after your name on your entry

As always, Teresa will be offering a great prize so pop your entries on the linky and good luck!

The prize this month is a £10 digi voucher


Miranda using Violet by Sara Burrier
















2 comments:

  1. Great additions to the DT! I'll keep my eyes peeled waiting for your makes. Congratulations everybody!
    Cheers,
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome new design team and with such different and varied styles. Congratulations to you all!! Each creation you've made here is breathtaking, well done ladies. Love to see what you create over the next few months. How exciting! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete