Pages

Friday, 17 June 2016

Steampunk Odyssey - Charmaine Flannery

Good morning all.
Nic here today to share with you a card made using one of the new digital stamps by Charmaine Flannery.I have used the fabulous Steampunk Odyssey.
I have also made my own backing paper, more on that lower down.

A front view.
Isn`t she a stunning image and I love her little owl friend.
I have coloured my image with Promarkers and Flexmarkers and I have used touches of white gel pen and a silver sparkle pen.
A close up of the fabulous image,


And a sideways view.
I had a little oopsie with my double bow, it was fine until I used my glue gun to stick it down and I used a little too much glue.so I took an offcut of my lime ribbon, cut tails either side and used a little twine to tie it in the middle.I then glued it to the top of my bow, covering the glue marks and popped a little gem on top.
Below are pics of how I created my backing paper, which I have also used inside the card too.


I have used some plain white linen card, cut to size ready.
Randomly use your markers to colour the card, I have used the same colours I used to colour my image.

Then you will need some alcohol blending solution, just drip this all over the card.
Let it sit for a few minutes and it will create a lovely tie dye effect.
Here are my 2 backing papers, you can see the blending solution has spread out and then I have added some white pearl mica powder over the top whilst the card is still damp.I then spritzed all over with water.
If you are impatient like me, you can then use a heat gun to speed up the drying or leave to dry overnight.
Once dry I used a large fluffy brush to sweep off any excess mica and voila you have your own unique backing paper.
Thanks so much for popping by and do let us know if you try this fun and messy technique ;D
Hugs Nic.
xxx


3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Nic and great fun tutorialx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a lovely card !!
    Greetings Doris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! And thank you for sharing that great background technique. I'm going to be trying it out for myself this weekend.

    ReplyDelete